The basic purpose of this job is to ensure and maintain a secure campus environment. Incumbents of this position patrol campus buildings and adjacent areas; investigate crimes or other incidents; restrain or arrest suspects when necessary; provide assistance to courts or grand juries in prosecution of cases; and perform related work as required.
MassArt Campus Police Officers perform the duties and responsibilities listed in the provisions of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Human Resources Division's (HRD) (formerly Massachusetts Department of Personnel Administration) Classification Specification dated April 16.
Summary of Duties
The candidate recommended for hire will be subject to a criminal record check, physical examination and drug screen and must successfully pass these prior to hire.
The CPO I will promote the College's commitment to collegiality by: • Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the College by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed. • Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information. • Maintaining an environment that is welcoming and inclusive to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Massachusetts College of Art and Design is a public, independent institution that prepares artists, designers, and educators from diverse backgrounds to shape communities, economies, and cultures for the common good, and demonstrate our values by:
Pursuing a just, compassionate, and equitable learning environment.
Cultivating rigorous creative practices by observing, questioning, making and remaking.
Honoring courage, honesty, mutual respect, and self-expression.
Believing in the power of art and design to transform our world.
Please note that MassArt does not provide employment-based visa sponsorship or non-student exchange visitor visa sponsorship for administrators, managers, technical staff, library staff or support staff. All offers of employment are based on appropriate U.S. work authorization.
MassArt currently does not provide reimbursement for travel.
Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check relative to prior criminal convictions and pending cases, as well as Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) checks relative to prior sexual offenses committed as an adult or juvenile will be conducted on the final candidate prior to an offer of employment. MassArt requires specific written authorization to conduct background checks. Failure to provide such authorization shall preclude your application from receiving further consideration.
Candidates must meet minimum entry level requirements for application process. Please review carefully.
- Candidates must have completed High School or GED equivalent.
- Candidates must posses a valid Massachusetts class D driver's license.
- Candidates at a minimum must have graduated from the M.P.T.C Basic 372.5 hour Reserve Police Academy and have an Associate's degree or higher in Criminal Justice. or
- Be eligible for appointment as a Special State Police Officer under Chapter 22C, Section 63 without additional training. Officers whose warrant applications are pending will be assigned duties that do not require Special State Police authority.
Candidates must qualify one several of ways: a. Graduation from a Massachusetts Special State Police Officer Academy or Massachusetts Municipal Police Academy and a High School diploma or equivalent; OR b. Graduation from a Massachusetts Intermittent/Reserve (372.5 hour)Academy and a High School diploma or equivalent; OR c. Graduation from a lower hour Massachusetts Intermittent/Reserve Academy along with: 1. A High School diploma or equivalent AND 2000 hours of employment as a sworn officer for a Massachusetts police department with arrest authority; OR 2. An associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from an accredited college or university
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical exam, drug screen, extensive background investigation and CORI Check - Valid certification in CPR and first aid. - Ability to prepare written reports of investigations, maintain accurate records and analyze data - Ability to follow and provide effective oral and written instructions in a precise, understandable manner. - Graduates of the SSPO or Municipal Police Academy are encouraged to apply. - Prior campus law enforcement experience a plus.
- Essential employee
- Must be able to work shifts, nights, weekends, holidays
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please note that MassArt does not provide employment-based visa sponsorship or non-student exchange visitor visa sponsorship for administrators, managers, technical staff, library staff or support staff. All offers of employment are based on appropriate U.S. work authorization.
- No relocation funds available.
About Massachusetts College of Art & Design
The five educational institutions that make up Colleges of the Fenway view diversity as a key component in the growth of our students' educational experience as well as our ongoing journey as professionals charged with maintaining the world class status of our institutions. By drawing from a wide cultural palette, we ensure that we have access to the full range of talent available. Through our respect for the vast array of backgrounds we create an environment that will help that talent grow. It is within an environment of respect that we are able to build and work toward our goals. Our goal is to create an atmosphere that values mutual respect. All Colleges of the Fenway members have policies and practices designed to safeguard our healthy environment as well as provide the support and access needed to do so. The Colleges of the Fenway are located in the heart of Bostons academic, scientific and cultural communities and is within walking distance from landmarks such as the Museum of Fine Arts, Fenway Park, Symphony Hall and world renowned medical institutions. Jobs at Emmanuel College: http://emmanuel.edu/About_Emmanuel/Employment.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Art and Design...: http://www.massart.edu/About_MassArt/Careers.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: http://www.mcphs.edu/about-mcphs/careers-at-mcphsJobs at Simmons College: http://simmons.edu/overview/about/jobs/Jobs at Wentworth Institute of Technology: https://jobs.wit.edu/