Location: Rockville, Maryland
Montgomery College has multiple openings for FT Campus Police Officers in the Department of Public Safety. The work schedule is 5 days/40 hours a week. This is a Non-Bargaining, non-exempt, grade 19 position. For non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.
Campus Police Officer Duties:
- Perform public safety officer duties at assigned campus and shift (shift and campus will be assigned by the Director).
- Patrol a designated area of the campus to preserve order, to prevent and deter crime; discover situations that may be of a criminal nature, or disruptive or hazardous.
- Take charge and guide the work of other Public Safety personnel in various situations until relieved by a superior officer.
- Answer calls and complaints involving fire, traffic, incidents of a criminal nature or public safety issue.
- Investigate crimes against persons and property.
- Interview victims and witnesses.
- Arrest person or persons suspected of a crime, using force if required.
- Search for and evaluate evidence; seize evidence or contraband.
- Prepare various records and incident reports.
- Testify in Court as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required
- High School Diploma or GED, and a graduate of a Maryland law enforcement academy, or a graduate of a college-recognized public safety academy.
- Two years of experience as a certified campus public safety officer, law enforcement, corrections, or non-certified public safety officer.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must attain Special Police Officer Certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Valid driver's license from state of residence and evidence of a good driving record is required.
- Certification in First Aid, AED and CPR.
- Able and willing to work at any campus and on any shift.
- Must pass a state background check as required by MSP Licensing.
- Must pass a drug (CDS) screen.
- Letter of good standing from previous law enforcement agency (if applicable).
Pay Range: $20.28 to $25.35 hourly. Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity.
For consideration you must apply here:
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable).
For international degrees, you must provide US degree equivalency verified by a nationally recognized credential evaluation service.
Participation in a retirement plan. If you are retired from the Maryland State System, you may not enroll in either the pension, or optional retirement plan, per state law.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Open Until Filled