Mandatory Job Requirements
- Applicants must be a graduate of a Full-Time MA State Police Academy or Full-Time MPTC Academy or equivalent
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree is preferred. If candidates do not possess a degree, you will be strongly encouraged to take advantage of the very generous tuition remission benefit offered by Boston University
- At least 21 years old
- Appointees must be eligible for appointment as a Special State Police Officer in accordance with M.G.L. ch.22 s. 63
- Massachusetts Class A License to Carry
- Valid Driver's License
- Candidates will be required to pass all POST Commission background requirements, including psychological exam, drug test, and pre-employment medical exam
- Applicants who completed an out-of-state recruit academy must apply for a permanent exemption through the Massachusetts State Police. Click hereto review requirements.
- A demonstrated understanding of community policing within the context of the unique needs of a diverse, urban university community
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good judgment and independent decision making
Shift work is subject to collective bargaining agreements between the University and the Boston University Police Patrol Officers Association. Boston University Police Patrol Officers Association
Candidates must be able to work all shifts, including holidays and weekends. Some overtime is mandatory and applicants are expected to understand this.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.