1. Patrol campus property to provide for the safety and welfare of students and employees and their belongings;
2. Provide security to campus property including buildings, vehicles, equipment and land;
3. Enforce state and federal laws, local ordinances, and college rules and regulations pertaining to students, employees and visitors while on College property;
4. Detect and deter crimes, respond to complaints, recognize situations quickly and objectively and determine the appropriate actions when assigned;
5. Enforce traffic laws, assist motorists, direct traffic flows when needed, investigate traffic crashes;
6. Perform initial investigations and follow up investigations into criminal activity;
7. Testify in court of law as to findings in criminal investigations;
8. Prepare written reports and incident reports relating to criminal incidents, security and safety matters.
Additional duties shall include other appropriate activities as assigned by the appropriate Division Head and/or the President.
High school diploma or G.E.D; some college preferred. Must be at least 21 years of age. Valid NC Driver's License. Current NC police certification or BLET certification preferred. Drug testing required of all finalists and psychological and medical exam required after conditional offer of employment. Hold current CPR/AED and basic first aid certification, or be able to obtain certification within six months of employment.
One-year experience in law enforcement profession, preferably on a college or university campus.