The Department of Public Safety at the University of Tennessee at Martin is currently accepting applications for a Police Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs a wide range of police duties, enforcing laws, rules and regulations to protect lives and property within the university community.
* Duties such as the following are performed: patrolling, regulating pedestrian and vehicular traffic, arresting suspects when necessary, escorting funds for various University units, providing first aid treatment, etc.
* Must be able to work well with students, staff, and law enforcement agencies in the area.
* Must be able to interview suspects, witnesses, and victims to develop evidence and secure information in report form to be used in court or University proceedings.
* The Department of Public Safety is operational at all times and the applicant must be available to work all assigned shifts, day and night, weekends, holidays, and times when the University is closed.
* Perform other related duties as required