Police Dispatcher I - Probationary
California State University San Marcos seeks hourly Police Dispatchers. The University Police Department is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for the university community of Cal State San Marcos. The department provides a 24-hour communication center staffed by Police Dispatchers. Police Dispatcher performs initial caller interrogation to determine the appropriate level of service needed in emergency situation and allocates appropriate personnel and resources to incidents. The dispatcher initiates fire, medical emergency, and non-emergency responses and response is provided by allied agencies. The dispatcher reports to the Lieutenant and will be under the lead direction of the Police Sergeant.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY SAN MARCOS: AN OVERVIEW
Come join our campus located in North San Diego County just 10 miles east of the beautiful Pacific coast and less than 40 miles north of downtown San Diego. California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) is a modern, forward-thinking university, fueled by the collective innovation and determination of a transformational team. CSUSM is one of the largest employers in North San Diego County, where people are proud to come to work and be a part of something great. Our unwavering commitment to a "People First" philosophy supports a culture in which every employee is a leader, "empowered to decide, change and shape our future." We offer an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, long term health care, retirement plans, educational assistance, life insurance, paid holidays, and generous vacation and sick leave benefits.
CSUSM is a recipient of the Chronicle's 2014 Great College to work for. We're looking for high impact employees to join our team. If you have what it takes - come grow with us at CSUSM! For more information about the University, visit the campus website at http://www.csusm.edu.
Two years of administrative and general office clerical work giving knowledge of office methods, procedures, and practices and work experience involving customer service
Salary and Position Status
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
- Full-time, probationary position with benefits
- Salary Range: $3,096 - $5,056/month
- Anticipated Hiring Salary: $3,600/month
- This position is open until filled with a first review of applications beginning April 24, 2017. For assurance of full consideration, applications and supporting materials should be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on April 23, 2017.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment written test related to essential dispatching skills, medical examination, drug screen and 10 year background investigation
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon execution of an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status and Legal Duty to Report Child Abuse and Neglect form. Signing the form is a prerequisite to employment and failure to sign will result in any offer of employment being withdrawn.
For position specifications, benefits summary and to apply, please visit our website at http://www.csusm.edu/recruitment/staffmppcareers.html and under "Staff & Management Opportunities" click on "Job Openings". Hearing & speech impaired call our TDD at 760-750-3238. Direct your questions to: Human Resources and Equal Opportunity (760) 750-4418.
California State University San Marcos is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age, disability or veteran's status.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency