1. Certification under Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Act 120 (Municipal Police Officers Education Training Commission).
2. Certification by PA State Police under public law Act 235, lethal weapons act required within 6 months of employment.
3. Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
4. Previous law enforcement experience preferred, ideally in a campus setting.
5. Bachelor or Associate Degree preferred.
6. Pre-employment Criminal Background Check, Psychological, Drug and Alcohol Tests.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a letter of interest and an attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure proper processing, applicants must use the following subject line format:
First Name Last Name – Position Reference Number
Example: Bob Morris - 123456
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the employee holding this job. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
In performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform with the University’s Policy of Ethical Practice and the following: perform quality work within deadlines with/without direct supervision; interact professionally with other employees, students, customers and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor; and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating/coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin. EOE