The primary function is to provide an environment that allows students, staff, faculty and visitors to interact in safe and secure surroundings. The role is to actively support the educational activities of the college through safety, security and law enforcement services. These services will meet the highest level of approval and the candidate will constantly strive to anticipate the needs of the Community College.
1. Assist in team efforts to serve the campus community including patrol, investigations, and other assignments as required. 2. Conduct and assist in the investigation of criminal law violations. 3. Prepare clear, accurate, and comprehensive written reports. 4. Obtain and process evidence and compile information regarding crimes. 5. Places individuals under arrest and testifies in court proceedings. 6. Initiates and completes records of actions taken. 7. Emergency response to medical and other situations are required. 8. Traffic law enforcement and motor vehicle accident investigation. 9. Other job related duties as assigned. Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Basic Law Enforcement Certification;
3. One year or more of full-time experience with a NC law enforcement agency;
4. Must be at least 21 years of age.
1. AAS Degree
Special Instructions to Applicants:
1. Official transcripts, from a regionally accredited institution, are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work. Failure to comply may result in revocation of the job offer.
2. North Carolina Law Enforcement Certificate
Quick Link URL: 4327
Open Date: 07/27/2017
Applications will begin being reviewed on: 08/21/2017
Founded in 1959 in the heart of Asheville, A-B Tech is the largest higher education
institution in Western North Carolina, serving approximately 25,000 students a year
in Buncombe and Madison counties through our curriculum, continuing education and
workforce development programs. Located on a picturesque campus bordered by
Biltmore Estate, Asheville High School and Mission Health, A-B Tech at...tracts local
residents, as well as people from across the country who are drawn to Asheville’s
mountains and thriving community.